Saturday, July 18, 2009

Its how you wear it.

The thought hit me in the strangest of places. Kamloops BC. We were driving to visit family when I saw a man and his daughter walking on the other side of the road. He was wearing a rainbow tie-dye shirt and rainbow swim shorts with black sandals. I examined him closely noticing that he was looking happy as can be. How can one be so happy when looking like that? I thought to myself. If someone at vogue saw a person wearing all rainbow with a mix of tie-dye they would probably run away screaming. Maybe the moral of this story is self confidence? If you think you look good, your confidence will reflect and others will notice and not focus to much on what your wearing (even if it happens to be rainbow tye-dye gone crazy). I asked my friend what she thought and she replied with “maybe the guy has never read a fashion, or seen anyone else with good style, so he doesn’t know?” Then it came to me. I had realized the way fashion magazines have a way of luring people into the “good/ better” way of dressing instead of focusing on ones wants. The magazines are displaying that if you wear these clothes you will be happy. Even though that could possibly be very true, it seems the moral is you can be wearing anything from Louis vuitton to tie-dye, all that matters is its not what you wear, its how you wear it.
~ Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment